5. Keep the vehicle waxed, especially in winter (particularly if you use an automated car wash, the wax helps prevent those little tiny scratches).
6. "Rust Check" is a very good idea, once a year. It is best applied in July or August when the vehicle is very dry (better penetration) and before the fall of the year when the morning dew settles on the vehicle (it doesn't just settle on the outside, it is everywhere there is air - inside the doors, inside the trunk lid, the frame, shock towers, wheel wells etc. etc.).
7. DON'T USE CHEAP GAS. Only buy major brands, and remember, most V6 & V8 engines run more economically on premium fuel than regular because of the much better mileage that premium produces. Pay 20% more for the gas and get 25% better mileage!
8. Finally, budget at least $1,000.00 to $2,000.00 per year for maintenance and repairs to keep your vehicle in optimum condition. This amount will certainly be larger for cars older than five or six years, and mileage over 150,000 KM. A recent study found the average car owner in Ontario spends $1,600.00 per year on maintenance, and I am not sure the average owner keeps their vehicle in optimum condition. Do NOT buy a used car and expect to go a year, or even a few months with no repairs.
For more information, or to arrange to see a car contact Don Robertson at Oxford Auto Sales We would be pleased to fax you a list of our current stock.
(905) 566-0000 Fax: (905) 566-1441
Return to Oxford Auto Sales, current stock page
Return to Oxford Auto Sales, main page
Copyright © 2000/2017 Oxford Refinishing Limited, Mississauga, Ontario, firstname.lastname@example.org
Installed January 11, 2000, Last Revised February 1, 2017 - This site is hosted and maintained by Don Robertson